Shift Your Business by Knowing Your Expenses with Dr. Dan Fisher
Host, Dr. Don MacDonald speaks with long-time friend, colleague, and Vitality Shifter, Dr. Dan Fisher. At the age of nine, Dan experienced a surprisingly painful growth spurt. A chiropractor who was treating Dan’s brother at the time started treating Dan as well. After a month of chiropractic care and the total alleviation of pain, Dan was hooked. The chiropractor recommended Dan dedicate his life to chiropractic. Dr. Dan is currently in his 29th year as a chiropractor. His practice in Vegreville, Alberta is thriving due to the lessons he learned along the way, including some powerful financial ones.
During this episode, you’ll hear about Dr. Dan’s time at Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC), a partnership that turned sour, the seminars and coaching he has participated in, and how knowing his business led to hundreds of dollars in monthly savings.
● The inspirational figure who encouraged Dr. Dan to become a chiropractor. [2:42] ● Dan describes his experience at Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC). [9:19] ● A business lesson: Chiropractors are colleagues, not competitors. [15:28] ● Parker seminars, Total Solutions, and the difference of the Vitality Shift. [22:59] ● Dan’s advice for new chiropractors or those wanting to inject authenticity into their practice. [35:36] ● How Dr. Dan shifted his finances to lower the overhead of his practice. [40:37] ● How Dr. Dan utilizes the Vitality Shift in his Canadian practice. [49:39]
Vitality Shift Website True Concept Seminars Dr. Don MacDonald @DrDonMacDonald on Twitter Fisher Chiropractic on Facebook
Move Past Your Limiting Beliefs to Focus on Connection with Drs. Marie and John Osborne
Host, Dr. Don MacDonald heads just South of Dublin Ireland to speak with a married couple who share a chiropractic practice. Since joining the Vitality Shift, Marie and John Osborne are taking a new approach to their practice and their lives. By overcoming their limiting beliefs and technique-driven practice member care they have flourished by focusing on their personal well-being so they can better serve their practice members. Even though they have minimized the number of offices they have, they have maximized their potential.
During this episode, you’ll hear how John overcame the all too common practice of self-sabotage to create a deeper connection with his practice members, the steps Marie has taken to nurture herself so she isn’t running on empty, and how they delegate tasks based on strengths to keep the office running smoothly.
Chiropractic ignited something in Marie but she took the long road to becoming a chiropractor. [1:53]
John knew he wanted to be a chiropractor after his first adjustment, it was the philosophy that drew him in. [5:50]
With three chiropractic offices, John continuing his work as an apprentice, and new babies in the house, the couple knew something needed to shift. [10:23]
Marie explains the limiting beliefs that led to her identity crisis. [14:35]
John realizes self-sabotage and lack of connection with his patients was holding him back in his practice. [19:03]
John and Marie explain their lives and practices before and after Vitality Shift. [25:54]
Lessons learned and advice for chiropractors. [33:55]
The New Vitality Shift Podcast
Welcome to the ‘new’ Vitality Shift podcast. This passion project was born out of our desire to assist chiropractors in making the necessary mindset shifts to achieve success and move to the next level. After over 100 episodes of the Breaking the Underdog Curse podcast, we decided to shift gears from focusing on the external factors that affect chiropractors and their practices and commence focusing on the internal elements that contribute to positive results and outcomes.
In this premiere episode, Dr. Don and Brandi expound on the content in the Transformers Mastermind including becoming aware of the past programming that could be keeping you stuck, the connection between your identity and beliefs, and achieving a state of ease.
● Why Breaking the Underdog Curse is rebranded into the Vitality Shift for Chiropractors. [1:38]
● The Transformers Mastermind and the connection between your identity and your beliefs when moving to the next level. [7:26]
● Fray your limiting beliefs and generational patterns. [18:29]
● Become aware of your programming and then use your will to overpower it. [29:04]
● Surrender and achieving a state of ease. [32:36]
● The 3 levels of thinking. [36:14]
Top 10 Traits of Chiropractors Who Maximize Their Practice with Brandi
If you are one of the many chiropractors who is ready to make a change in your practice, or you have implemented changes in your practice but are not yet realizing the results, perhaps you need to make a shift. If your practice is a direct reflection of you, what can you do to shift your mindset, shift your business practices, or shift your belief system?
In this final episode, Brandi shares a top ten list of the qualities and behaviors that chiropractors who blow up their practice embody. She gives specific examples of what works and why. If you are ready to make a shift in your life and your practice these tips can guide you through it.
The top 10 traits of chiropractors who blow up their practice:
They focus on more, not less. [15:58]
They value action over analysis even when it feels uncomfortable. [21:02]
They work on personal barriers including health, toxicity in relationships, staff dynamics, and emotional chaos. [23:17]
They don’t own a number which owns their capacity. [30:39]
Adaptation is their superpower. [35:40]
They know marketing is a simple tool to serve more, not a creepy sales tactic. [38:23]
They view their practice as game #7 sports all the time. [41:40]
Each person that has succeeded has found a tribe, not just lip service. [42:51]
They become consistently consistent, no matter how boring the grind is. [47:46]
Comfortability is their nemesis. [51:21]
Brain-based Vitalistic Chiropractic Research with Dr. Heidi Haavik
The future of healing may be vitalistic chiropractic care but without additional research and funding the world may never realize the potential benefits. Vitalistic chiropractic is at a stage of growth and it is necessary for our community to band together to promote the scientific research that is at the core of our professional beliefs.
In this very special interview, we welcome renowned chiropractor, neurophysiologist and author, Dr. Heidi Haavik to the podcast. Dr. Haavik graduated from New Zealand Chiropractic College where she currently holds the position of Director of Research. Her award-winning research in vitalistic chiropractic is paving the way for a new generation of Ph.D. students and the study of the effect subluxation has on the brain.
During this podcast episode, we discuss how we as chiropractors can fund future research specifically focusing on the vitalistic model, how the vitalistic model compares to the mechanical model, and the effect subluxation has on the brain and central nervous system.
● Dr. Haavik discusses her family history in medicine and the early days at New Zealand Chiropractic College. [1:25]
● Dr. Haavik discovered she had a natural gift for healing and research. [5:46]
● Early research in the vitalistic model deepened the understanding of the link between subluxation and the brain. [17:22]
● Why the mechanistic chiropractic model is so limited in scope. [22:34]
● Does Heidi ever feel like she is plagued by the Underdog Curse? [30:29]
● Dr. Haavik discusses the new studies and clinical trials that have her excited right now.[34:50]
● Learn more about the Adopt a Ph.D. Student Program. [41:27]